What we're looking for
As a Business Development Representative (BDR) at Cipher you are the first person to interact and engage with new prospects, potential customers, and partners. This makes you one of the most important and influential roles within our company, responsible for identifying buyer intent/interest, building relationships, and qualifying prospects looking for a software product like our Knowledge360®.
This is accomplished through strategic outreach, one-to-one communications, social engagement, field marketing, website chat, and more. Between inbound leads and a robust outbound sales process, the BDR qualifies and coordinates initial meetings for our sales team. This position lays the foundation for any successful career in software and technology sales with exposure to Fortune 500 companies.
Roles and Responsibilities
Consistently meet goals for Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs), meetings, demos, and overall prospecting success
- Learn Cipher’s mission, value props, product, and messaging
- Learn the tools and technology necessary to be successful, including HubSpot, Salesforce, LinkedIn, and more
- Build relationships with and learn from Sales and Operations Teams
- Leverage opportunities to learn the market and our business
- Learn to navigate through organizations and communication channels to get what you need
- Meet sales metrics
- Continue to build on your core skills and product/industry knowledge
- Know what it takes to meet or exceed your goals and maintain the momentum to do so
- Begin to expand your knowledge of Inside Sales duties and responsibilities
- Work with mentors to set goals for yourself to gain consideration for promotion
How you will be measured:
Your success is measured by consistently meeting or exceeding goals for setting up initial meetings and demos for our Sales Team. This role will reward you based on the amount of effort you put into it. This is an opportunity to work side-by-side with seasoned marketing and sales teams and with an extremely approachable and knowledgeable senior management team.
- Bachelor Degree or at least 2 years of prior experience in a Business, Marketing, or Technology field
- A strong command of the English language, along with strong communications skills (oral, written, graphical)
- Strong problem-solving and relationship management skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technology environment, and to utilize all available tools and resources to service customers as efficiently as possible
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
Cipher is on the leading edge of applying advanced analytics to accelerate decision making. We are a pioneer in the exciting competitive intelligence industry, serving some of the most innovative global companies. We are a small team of highly experienced and bright individuals looking to add similar talent to our team. For more about us, visit About Cipher
This position would be primarily remote with occasional meetings to either our Nashville, TN or Annapolis, MD offices. We are an equal opportunity employer with outstanding benefits and work environment. Our benefits include choice of medical plans (HDHP or PPO), dental and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability and 401K.